Die geheimen Tageb├╝cher von einer verderbten Existenz

Behind these gates you will hear my thoughts screaming like nerves under the sun and feel my emotion laughing to the empty ether.
Welcome Dear Wanderer, make yourself at home.
The road is long and tortuous and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Fraternally Yours,
Poison Creeper

Thursday, 30 August 2007

28/08/07 Sanctuary @ Catch22


I finally recovered from our Tuesday night out ;p

We went to Sancuary a new club opened @ the Catch22 in Turnpike Lane.

I went there for the first night on my bday eve after Brandon's gig and even this this we doubled the pleasure being a fairly big group of people.

As previously, the music choice was really nice, well mixed eclectic tastes blended all together by a good deejay.

The place itself is extremely friendly and non pretentious, a homelike feeling that made us all enjoy the night from the beginning to the very end.

I was supposed to stay for a drink as I was working on wed. but ended up properly pissed and once at home Vale had to get me ready for the bed (lol it hadn't happen for aaaaageeees) and on top of that the day after I had to call in sick because I was veeeeery veeeery hungover.

What I thought it is the best thing about that place is the fact that is local.

Local not only regarding the location but it is local in our mentality.

No big fuss about what is NOT played or NOT liked but a simple (as I already said, NON pretentious) approach to everyone in the alternative scene.

You don't need to LOOK "cool", mohawked or with uber-cool extention in your hair; just come as you like, no attitude and NO LABLES.

We danced from Ministry to Siouxsie and moved our head to Jane's Addiction, drinking tequila and laughing a lot with the regulars (NON-alternatives, casual people) and with the promoters.

I don't know if it is because that is a gay club usually and therefore everyone is a lot more friendly and non up his own arse but I think is also due to the fact that it feel already, after only 2 nights, like a local community.

It has nothing to envy to ANY of the other places around and we all hope it won't loose the modest feeling and attitide that makes far better than many many other clubs scenes around in the whole of London.

We all gathered there because we were all tired of lables, competiton and ENVY that pollutes the alternative scene around nowadays and we finally found a place that apreciate your presence without looking at your appearance.

On tuesday night a TEAM was born and I was, with all the others, probably the happiest person around (and ALSO the drunkest ahahah ). No CLUB-friends, just friends.

It will be on the 25th of September and we won't miss it for any reason, this time I will TRULY have one drink ;p
so if you come, do it with a smile and be open minded and ready to have a laugh amonst sincere and modest people.

Thanks to the Catch22 for hosting this event and thanks to Dj Bambs for having had the guts and the idea of such a truly alternative place.
;)