Die geheimen Tagebücher von einer verderbten Existenz

Behind these gates you will hear my thoughts screaming like nerves under the sun and feel my emotion laughing to the empty ether.
Welcome Dear Wanderer, make yourself at home.
The road is long and tortuous and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Fraternally Yours,
Poison Creeper

Tuesday, 28 August 2007

The Setlist Explained

The Setlist Explained.

Now, I have been really bad on Saturday as I didn’t note down the tracks I have played throughout the night.
What I have been thinking at is: instead of listing the tunes I would try to explain it with words and recalls to what I remember I had played.

I started off with The Wake (Give Up) from “Rip it up and start again” (cd + book), you should read it if you haven't yet.
What I have done at the beginning it is a referral to Factory Records & Disque du Crepuscule (otherwise known as Factory Benelux – once one thing with the Factory Records based in Manchester), having played bands like Crispy Ambulance (Sexus), SigloXX (Lines of hope), Persona Non Grata (Iroquois Boys – and boogey girl), Section25 (Girls don’t Count).
Moved towards a more punk tunes towards the end of the night with Crisis (UK1978), 999 (nasty nasty), the Stranglers (nice and sleazy), the Fall (C.R.E.E.P.), Diatribe (one hit wonder called “seventeen and dieing), Bowie/ Pop (Nightclubbing)
I paid some attention to early electronica like Front242 (Don’t Crash), Killing Joke (Chop Chop), Click Click (Sweet Stuff), Dum Dum Dum (Dum Dum Dum) and Rema Rema (Feedback Song which I was asked about along with Click Click Tune).
Then was the turn of some “italian” sounds by Litfiba (Under the Rain), NEON (Ride On) and Gaznevada (Frogs on the Phone).
I also did play Devo (The Girl You Want, extract from Tank Girl Soundtrack), Deception Bay (Squallid Joker) and some Experimental bits sung by Lydia Lunch (3x3) and Lydia’s other project 8EyedSpy (Diddy Wah Diddy), Kas Product (Pussy X).

By Request I did play some classics like Bauhaus (Dancing) and Joy Division (No Love Lost) and b-move (Nowhere Girl) but, I would like to say, my whole set was done in order to play few of the known tracks and try to play “unusual” stuff.
Of course Jesus and Mary Chain were played (Between Planet).
With unusual I don’t mean exclusively stuff “unknown” to FEW but stuff that has not been played (and therefore appreciated) by many people, based on my experience in clubs and pubs since I moved to London.

I was very very happy to see the majority of our friends (almost all, someone had to miss the night, sadly) and by the fact that Dj Sadako (which held the responsibility of the outcome of the night having decided to engage both Vale and me for the first time in there) was satisfied by the choice of music and by the overall outcome of the night.
On the other hand I had felt the look of judgment by some “regulars” or “well known” faces on my shoulders throughout the night. I personally ignore what they were thinking (whether they were good things or bad ones) I just wish they could have told me personally if there was anything that they didn’t like of our set, but no offence taken everyone is free to think whatever they like afterall. I just believe that not sharing the opinion it is sometimes just not constructive to any.
However as I said my set had been done on purpose to be variegate (within certain boundaries still) and possibly different. That is the stuff I normally listen to when I am at home and it is part of my musical threshold I do not expect everybody to like it but it always good to offer a change to people’s ear once every while.
You never know you might end up liking it!