Die geheimen Tageb├╝cher von einer verderbten Existenz

Behind these gates you will hear my thoughts screaming like nerves under the sun and feel my emotion laughing to the empty ether.
Welcome Dear Wanderer, make yourself at home.
The road is long and tortuous and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Fraternally Yours,
Poison Creeper

Thursday, 27 August 2009

"Analecta Hymnica Medii Aevi"

Originally published in 55 volumes from 1886 to 1926, Analecta hymnica medii aevi contains Latin texts of hymns of the Catholic Church, from 500-1400.

I have found this part written in the inner sleeve of the The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A cloud: the moon lay hidden beneath a cloud:

Anglia, planetus itera Et ad luctum convertere, Duplex damnum considera Duplici merso sydere,
but the original goes on :

lIors in te saevit aspere Nec jam mortis insultui Faeta potens resistere; Ergo luctus ingredere Scmper intenta luetui.

from "Analecta Hymnica Medii Aevi"
find full text here : http://www.archive.org/stream/analectahymnica21drevuoft/analectahymnica21drevuoft_djvu.txt

2 comments:

O Diskordia said...

Do you know of an English translation for this? I'd be interested in knowing what it says (and my Latin's, well, not rusty, but nigh unto nonexistent).

Poison Creeper said...

unfortunately I am trying to find translation too, my latin is very rusty and I am having serious difficulties in undersdtanding :p
I will let you know if I do find some and if you do please post a link on here.
thanks for following the blog :)

hail Eris! ;)
S.